Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Tax question Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Tax question Cspan_live_play-1

Tax question Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Tax question

2 posters

Go down

Tax question Empty Tax question

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Desp, on another post gave an example about taxes and filing and also extensions. But she referred to a post comment and she is saying to apply for extension and then shortly after you mail the extension request then file your taxes also before the 18th. Then send an explanation why you cannot pay or why you should not be penalized for late payment and interest. But I question why file an extension and then mail in your filed taxes a day or two later but make sure it is mailed before 18th. of month. Doesn't the extension allow you to file your taxes by October 15th. without late filing penalties. It says one must file before the 18th or if extended must file by filing deadline in October 15th. I am confused as to why mail an extension before 18th of month and then mail your filed retruns before the 18th too! Doesn't make sense. Unless it is a way of getting an extension and also maybe be forgiven on late payment fee's and interest! Anyone???
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Tax question Empty Re: Tax question

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 pm

1208 there is info about this in the Taxes section, please see:
https://dawu.forumotion.com/t1520-what-to-do-if-you-can-t-pay-your-taxes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:1208 there is info about this in the Taxes section, please see:
https://dawu.forumotion.com/t1520-what-to-do-if-you-can-t-pay-your-taxes

Hey you should merge this with the other to keep folks from posting here. I do not know how to do that!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Desp, on another post gave an example about taxes and filing and also extensions. But she referred to a post comment and she is saying to apply for extension and then shortly after you mail the extension request then file your taxes also before the 18th. Then send an explanation why you cannot pay or why you should not be penalized for late payment and interest. But I question why file an extension and then mail in your filed taxes a day or two later but make sure it is mailed before 18th. of month. Doesn't the extension allow you to file your taxes by October 15th. without late filing penalties. It says one must file before the 18th or if extended must file by filing deadline in October 15th. I am confused as to why mail an extension before 18th of month and then mail your filed retruns before the 18th too! Doesn't make sense. Unless it is a way of getting an extension and also maybe be forgiven on late payment fee's and interest! Anyone???
If I remember correctly you need to pay your taxes that you owe on the 18th of April even if you file an extension.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:56 pm

mrgolf wrote:
unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Desp, on another post gave an example about taxes and filing and also extensions. But she referred to a post comment and she is saying to apply for extension and then shortly after you mail the extension request then file your taxes also before the 18th. Then send an explanation why you cannot pay or why you should not be penalized for late payment and interest. But I question why file an extension and then mail in your filed taxes a day or two later but make sure it is mailed before 18th. of month. Doesn't the extension allow you to file your taxes by October 15th. without late filing penalties. It says one must file before the 18th or if extended must file by filing deadline in October 15th. I am confused as to why mail an extension before 18th of month and then mail your filed retruns before the 18th too! Doesn't make sense. Unless it is a way of getting an extension and also maybe be forgiven on late payment fee's and interest! Anyone???
If I remember correctly you need to pay your taxes that you owe on the 18th of April even if you file an extension.

Yes, the extension is for filing only, you need to pay what you think you will owe or maybe its an estimated refund in which case you do not. The extension clearly says it is not an extension for you to pay what you owe. They will charge interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:32 am

I always had enough withheld when i was working that I was always due a refund
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down