Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

The Ed Show. - Page 8 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
The Ed Show. - Page 8 Cspan_live_play-1

The Ed Show. - Page 8 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

The Ed Show.

+36
Exhausted99er
felixsmom
jan99
theend
disgustedwithgovt
TR11005
gigichicago
MassGal
stilllooking
Michfemale11
Gigi
js123
Sad American
JaneWI
lendmeflight2
njcookies
wowwhathappen
nuttin2lose
MaryKayCoyne
Jen
kshort
Tresa
kjps12
Phillymg
Corinne
rubeNG
mrgolf
Riled American
mrmarti
Sunrise
kman
503Depressed
G
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Quiethawk
concernedinKY
40 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

The Ed Show. - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ed Show.

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri May 27, 2011 6:10 am

theend wrote:NBC has wacked alot of people. Some have left there also. I bet Ed is gone aka fired. They fired someone awhile back for his words.

What he said doesnt matter!
In the USA we have something called the 1st amendment!
This says I can say whatever I want, even if people dont like it!

Its what makes us americans!

We also have so called freedom of the press
This is just another flat out attack on the 1st amendment and freedom of press. Another person that speaks for the people silienced.

remember the first amendment applies to everyone!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri May 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Is there a way we can get the person on FOX, suspended or fired that interviewed Mr. G. This all seams very unfair. Ed was wrong, but how many times we slip with our mouths?

What we all need to do is BOYCOTT FOX! Sarah Palin will not go away. Don't give her any attention either. That is my opinion.

We all love you Ed and Mr. G, who will continue to speak out!

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Sat May 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Watch What You Tweet: Comcast and Free Speech they now own NBC

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/05/20/977699/-Watch-What-You-Tweet:-Comcast-and-Free-Speech?via=tag

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 pm

GOP WI Senators Face Recall Elections

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43232363#43232363
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Turn on ED show now.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Go to his home page and vote!

Poll: Should President Obama fight harder against Republicans who block jobs programs?

http://ed.msnbc.msn.com/

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 pm

Exhausted99er wrote:Go to his home page and vote!

Poll: Should President Obama fight harder against Republicans who block jobs programs?

93% YES. (Only 7% NO.)

ED featured a small-business owner who wants to help start a National Database of small-business owners who would like to have 1 or more persons getting UI assigned to them to work 20 hours a week. The UI claimant's state would pay the person their maximum UI benefits minus the salary according to how the law works in their state. (Every state is different about how much a person can work & still get partial UI benefits.) The UI recipients in such a 'training' program would have their job-search requirement waived when working for an employer registered with the training program.

ED also featured an unemployed woman who will exhaust her maximum weeks in Sept. & has been searching for work continuously yet not getting hired. She said she'd jump at the chance to work for & train with a small business for 20 hours a week. What she didn't mention is that similar programs under the now-ended/ending Stimulus Bill had two *firm* requirements--(1) that the UI claimant did *not* hold a college degree & (2) that the UI claimant must be in their first year of collecting UI.

The small-business owner (sorry don't recall his name) has a great plan for a fed govt program but it'll only succeed if the govt lets people with college degrees participate & only if they let UI claimants beyond the first year participate. Educated middle-aged workers hit hard by the Recession's layoffs & very-long-term unemployment are the ones who will jump at the chance to do *any* work at all especially work that will give them up-to-date training. Another wrinkle is that some states like California have draconian UI laws.....in CA if you work even 1 day of the week your entire UI check is taken away for that week. Other states are smarter & let people get partial UI while working p/t which increases the ## of people willing to work p/t while the nation's economy is still weak.

If someone has the video of tonite's ED SHOW it'd be great if you could post it. That small-business guy has a great idea for starting to turn our country around. Thanx.

Last edited by Phillymg on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 pm

I just cast my vote! YES.

The Ed Show. - Page 8 320446
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Phillymg wrote:
Exhausted99er wrote:Go to his home page and vote!

93% YES. (Only 7% NO.)

ED featured a small-business owner who wants to help start a National Database of small-business owners who would like to have 1 or more persons getting UI assigned to them to work 20 hours a week. The UI claimant's state would pay the person their maximum UI benefits minus the salary according to how the law works in their state. (Every state is different about how much a person can work & still get partial UI benefits.) The UI recipients in such a 'training' program would have their job-search requirement waived when working for an employer registered with the training program.

ED also featured an unemployed woman who will exhaust her maximum weeks in Sept. & has been searching for work continuously yet not getting hired. She said she'd jump at the chance to work for & train with a small business for 20 hours a week. What she didn't mention is that similar programs under the now-ended/ending Stimulus Bill had two *firm* requirements--(1) that the UI claimant did *not* hold a college degree & (2) that the UI claimant must be in their first year of collecting UI.

The small-business owner (sorry don't recall his name) has a great plan for a fed govt program but it'll only succeed if the govt lets people with college degrees participate & only if they let UI claimants beyond the first year participate. Educated middle-aged workers hit hard by the Recession's layoffs & very-long-term unemployment are the ones who will jump at the chance to do *any* work at all especially work that will give them up-to-date training. Another wrinkle is that some states like California have draconian UI laws.....in CA if you work even 1 day of the week your entire UI check is taken away for that week. Other states are smarter & let people get partial UI while working p/t which increases the ## of people willing to work p/t while the nation's economy is still weak.

If someone has the video of tonite's ED SHOW it'd be great if you could post it. That small-business guy has a great idea for starting to turn our country around. Thanx.

MSNBC usually posts the videos the next day -- Ed will have a rerun in a few hours and they wait until that is over.

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43349081#43349081

Video from Thursday's night's show.

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:29 am

That is a must see show, because the last few months the exhaustees have been forgotten.

One complaint I do have is when you do work Temporary/Contract Assignments is that the employers offer very little training, lack the understanding what being out unemployed and having many gaps does effect workers.

It is too easy for them to terminate temporary workers. They complain that they can't afford to train. They really don't give workers the proper opportunity. When you have not worked for months your skills get rusty. It is hard to learn learn new skills when when have not worked for a few months. I try very hard to keep my skills updated. However, without a real job to do them on makes it hard to be proficient. Age discrimination is very obvious in their actions.

I am very mad that ones with Bachelor Degrees can't get any training. This has hindered my return to work. Too many times, I have only one thing missing I need to get hired.

It is a shame that the stimulus money was not used to train everyone. Employers need to stop being so picky and start training. Somehow a tax break should be given to these employers that are determine to keep the work here. The Auto workers got help, where many did not receive anything, but a government Unemployment check and then we had to beg for that.

Taxes should be put on work that once was done here, but still want to use our market to sell. The training money could come from that.

If the politicians would have recognize that you can't have other countries that compete in our market should have the same level of hidden costs. Federal income tax, social security, etc. China has slave labor, this is the problem. Some employers want us to be slaves or die.

Keep up the good work Ed.

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Sen. Sanders to Obama: "Do not yield to Republican blackmail"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43232363#43557176
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:57 pm

TR11005 wrote:That is a must see show, because the last few months the exhaustees have been forgotten.

One complaint I do have is when you do work Temporary/Contract Assignments is that the employers offer very little training, lack the understanding what being out unemployed and having many gaps does effect workers.

It is too easy for them to terminate temporary workers. They complain that they can't afford to train. They really don't give workers the proper opportunity. When you have not worked for months your skills get rusty. It is hard to learn learn new skills when when have not worked for a few months. I try very hard to keep my skills updated. However, without a real job to do them on makes it hard to be proficient. Age discrimination is very obvious in their actions.

I am very mad that ones with Bachelor Degrees can't get any training. This has hindered my return to work. Too many times, I have only one thing missing I need to get hired.

It is a shame that the stimulus money was not used to train everyone. Employers need to stop being so picky and start training. Somehow a tax break should be given to these employers that are determine to keep the work here. The Auto workers got help, where many did not receive anything, but a government Unemployment check and then we had to beg for that.

Taxes should be put on work that once was done here, but still want to use our market to sell. The training money could come from that.

If the politicians would have recognize that you can't have other countries that compete in our market should have the same level of hidden costs. Federal income tax, social security, etc. China has slave labor, this is the problem. Some employers want us to be slaves or die.

Keep up the good work Ed.

I hear ya.....I am so sick and tired of all this crap......I was the #1 candidate for a job that I interviewed for but unfornately they were switching to a new system and someone else came along who had that software experience so I then became #2 canditate and did not get the job......Then there was another opportunity that came along through the temp agency but I could not be considered for that because they wanted recent job experience.....These employers and temp agencies like to play games.....and I am really getting fed up and angry about it......Just because someone else has the software experience does that make them a better fit for the position......You still have to give them some type of training.....So it all just makes no sense at all........I am becoming really tired of all the nonsense that I have to deal with with these employers and temp agencies.....
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Yesterday, I traveled 110 miles one way for a Contract Test Technician interview. I had all the qualifications, except I am only an user for LabVIEW sofware. Normally technician don't program in LabVIEW an engineer does.

I told them I have the book on how to program in that software and would like the opportunity. I told the engineer, I am willing to bet that you never used FORTRAN from college, the same as me. He said he didn't. Well it is hard to do something if some one don't let you. There is only so much time to train for everything. Most of my skills have come from having a need, not training for. It still did no good. Does he realize that one who knows this programming gets twice what a technician makes?

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:18 pm

TR11005 wrote:Yesterday, I traveled 110 miles one way for a Contract Test Technician interview. I had all the qualifications, except I am only an user for LabVIEW sofware. Normally technician don't program in LabVIEW an engineer does.

I told them I have the book on how to program in that software and would like the opportunity. I told the engineer, I am willing to bet that you never used FORTRAN from college, the same as me. He said he didn't. Well it is hard to do something if some one don't let you. There is only so much time to train for everything. Most of my skills have come from having a need, not training for. It still did no good. Does he realize that one who knows this programming gets twice what a technician makes?

Sorry about the interview, TR11005.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:12 pm

theend wrote:The head of penthouse mag attacked a religous guy for years.One of the cartoons claimed he had sex with his mother, Larry flint said can he prove he didnt?It was bad what they did to that guy! They sued him but he won in the US Supreme Court.It was on the basis of them being public figures and they should expect people to be critical of them.

defamation of character-they must prove harm was done, they also have to prove it isnt the truth.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2087263_prove-defamation-character-claim.html
Ah I looked her up before now I had no clue who she is, she Subs on FOX, do we need to say anymore! Its typical Republican crap!
IT WAS HUSTLER MAGAZINE. THE CARTOON SHOWED A PICTURE OF JERRY FALWELL HAVING SEX WITH HIS MOM IN AN OUTHOUSE. WATCH " THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLINT ". PRETTY GOOD MOVIE.
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Radiator Mechanic / Sports

Back to top Go down

Post by worrywart Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:43 pm

TR11005 wrote:Yesterday, I traveled 110 miles one way for a Contract Test Technician interview. I had all the qualifications, except I am only an user for LabVIEW sofware. Normally technician don't program in LabVIEW an engineer does.

Hi TR11005,

Interesting you said "LabVIEW," because I saw a sign up at work last week that was asking for employees to either step forward or refer a friend for a mini (estimated 2-day) contract for programming in LabVIEW. I had never heard of LabVIEW before reading that sign, and so this is now the second time I have heard of LabVIEW in the past week.

Can you tell us anything about it?

WW
worrywart
worrywart
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm

THE BIG DEAL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43349081#43679583
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:16 am

WW

LabVIEW is programming or application software by National Instruments. You use test equipment to test electronic products. It is a Windows based software instead of using special testing computers in the past. It is not a high level programming, where you have pages of code. It is Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)software.

Most employers only let Test/Software Engineers to either create the program or make modifications. It has major responsibility for doing it right. The reason for the 2 day Contract is that it pays well over $50 per hour if not more.

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Ed: 'President Obama, I'm begging you, take the Big 3 off the table'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43850119#43850119
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:04 pm

Ed Schultz: Republicans Are Heartless, "They Don't Give A Damn"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/08/31/republicans_republicans_are_heartless_they_dont_give_a_damn.html
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Ed is in Ohio and talks jobs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44512255#44512255
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8