Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Help in OHIO??? Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Help in OHIO??? Cspan_live_play-1

Help in OHIO??? Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Help in OHIO???

3 posters

Go down

Help in OHIO??? Empty Help in OHIO???

Post by PackersFan Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:05 pm

My wife left her job(of 25yrs)due to an illness,her doctor instructed her and wrote a letter to her employer regarding the same. This was the result of her employer leveling a 30 day notice on her because she was not doing well on a new ( 5 months)paperless computer system. The one and only meeting she ever had with the owners, they trashed her so bad on notice it was obvious they just wanted her out for any reason they could think of. She loved her job but due to high stress and pressure to improve (not in a good way pressure) she almost stroked out do to HBP. Unemployment denied her claim saying she quit (she never formally quit). Do to just cause because of the 30 day notice. We appealed. How long does the first appeal take to make a decision? Has anyone ever been forced out of a job that resulted in doctor stepping in to keep someone from medical harm? The system in Ohio is awful to use online and they don't tell you anything. What should we expect? My wife was a receptionist at a veterinary clinic (same clinic 2 owners 1-15yrs,present 10yrs) THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!!!!!!

PackersFan
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Help in OHIO??? Empty Re: Help in OHIO???

Post by Jen Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 pm

I don't know how it will turn out but, keep appealing. I hope it works out.
Help in OHIO??? 443306
If a doctor said that she can't work then she may not qualify for unemployment but, would for disability.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:19 am

PackersFan,

I live in Ohio and the online system does not allow you to put all the details. I would consult with a Unemployment Attorney right away.

Even under a poor performance you can collect in Ohio. If you have a medical problem whether mental or physical all you need is a return to work form from the doctor. if you were forced out.

The lawyer knows all the current laws. It could only cost you less then a thousand. Not thousands as others might think. Your wife should have right to go out on FMLA (depends on how many work there).

I had this done to me too! With a lawyer and doctors on your side. You will beat them.

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PackersFan Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:00 am

Thank you TR11005! We did get the medical forms that the unemployment wanted completed by her doctor. Ohios' system is so messed up. I have sent pages of documentation to them and it appears no one really reads them. I hate to have to hire a lawyer. Plus my wife gets so stressed out over this process BS she wants to just let it go. I refuse to give in! This was totally unjust and she deserves something for working 25yrs in the same job. She is 61yrs old. NOBODY IS HIRING PEOPLE OUR AGE! I've been looking for over 2 years.Thx. again!!!!!

PackersFan
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down