Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal Cspan_live_play-1

John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal

5 posters

Go down

John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal Empty John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal

Post by gigichicago Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:00 pm

I don't remember Boehner coming up with any ideas about creating jobs? Maybe he doesn't have one!

"House Speaker John Boehner slammed President Obama’s jobs proposal Thursday, telling a crowd of supporters that the proposal is little more than “gimmickry.”

“When it comes to producing savings to reach its $1.5 trillion deficit reduction target, the Joint Select Committee has only one option: spending cuts and entitlement reform,” Mr. Boeher said, according to prepared remarks in an address to the Economic Club of Washington."

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/boehner-obama-jobs-proposal-is-a-short-term-gimmick/
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal Empty Re: John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal

Post by U.S. Citizen Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:24 am

Obama talks about his jobs proposal:
"We've got to decide what our priorities are,” Mr. Obama said. “Do you want to keep tax loopholes for big oil companies? Or do you want to have money to pay for renovations at schools like Fort Hayes?”

“Tax increases…are not a viable option,” Mr. Boehner said Thursday, September 15, 2011 in an address to the Economic Club of Washington

'A number of House Republicans have already said that they do not support many elements of Mr. Obama’s $447 billion jobs package and will not back the tax increases he has proposed to pay for it.'
http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/boehner-obama-jobs-proposal-is-a-short-term-gimmick/

In my opinion the Obama jobs proposal is just another failed policy put forward by the Administration to raise the hopes of the unemployed in an attempt to get their votes at reelection time. He knew from the start that the Republicans wouldn't pass it. Obama is wasting time and letting millions of Americans fall into poverty. Obama needs to take drastic action in the form of declaring a national emergency and largely bypass the Congress in order to create jobs like FDR did. Democratic leaders must pressure Obama to abandon his policy of appeasement and do something meaningful before he is thrown out of office for incompetency.
U.S. Citizen
U.S. Citizen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal Empty Re: John Boehner blasts Obama jobs proposal

Post by KeeptheFaith Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:47 am

This is all a waste of time.......We don't have time to ponder and bicker back and forth and waste more time.....We need jobs now and a real plan to create them............I am so disappointed in all the politicians at this point.....all they do is waste time, complain and bicker at the expense of the american people......I am sick and tired of all the game playing in Washington......They all need to be voted out.....and people put into office that are going to do the job that they were sent there to do.......
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:05 am

KeeptheFaith wrote:This is all a waste of time.......We don't have time to ponder and bicker back and forth and waste more time.....We need jobs now and a real plan to create them............I am so disappointed in all the politicians at this point.....all they do is waste time, complain and bicker at the expense of the american people......I am sick and tired of all the game playing in Washington......They all need to be voted out.....and people put into office that are going to do the job that they were sent there to do.......

X2 I totally agree with you!
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Agreed as well. If it was up to me, I'd tax the hell out of companies that outsourced jobs and gave tax breaks to companies that keep jobs here. This whole problem is affecting all of us. My parents are middle class, possibly even higher than that, but still they see friends of theirs losing their professional white collar jobs. Of course the lower skilled people are faring far worse.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Pondering, bickering back and forth, and wasting more time is called STALLING !!! With Congress now at an 88% disapproval rating, or 12% approval rating, this shows that Americans are really getting fed up with our Government and our Elected Officials. 2012 Elections may surprise all of the Politicians, who now hold office!!!
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Information from the American 99ers Union.

http://american99ersunion.com/2011/09/16/house-speaker-john-boehner-talks-jobs-and-the-economy-fact-vs-fiction/
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down