Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

NJ Governor Chris Christie for President? Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
NJ Governor Chris Christie for President? Cspan_live_play-1

NJ Governor Chris Christie for President? Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

NJ Governor Chris Christie for President?

+4
batazoid
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
kman
njcookies
8 posters

Go down

NJ Governor Chris Christie for President? Empty NJ Governor Chris Christie for President?

Post by njcookies Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:50 am

Gov. Christie was down in DC yesterday telling repubs and dems they should all be more like him. Scary. affraid

That bully would never win! Scary thought though! lol! Actually, all the names put out there for consideration for the Republican nomination are scary! affraid

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

NJ Governor Chris Christie for President? Empty Re: NJ Governor Chris Christie for President?

Post by kman Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:03 pm

I want to say something nasty, but I will keep it to myself, njcookies. Just let your imagination run wild!!
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

NJ Governor Chris Christie for President? Empty Re: NJ Governor Chris Christie for President?

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 pm

As a former resident of NJ, I am appalled at this man! What were the people thinking when they elected him! Even McGreevey and Corzine were better than him and they were not perfect!
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Wife of 99er

Back to top Go down

Post by batazoid Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 pm

NJ Governor Chris Christie for President? Christie

Actually, I like the guy. Right about now I am tired of unionized state and federal employees demanding taxpayers keep funding their solid-gold wage and benefit packages. It's about time these people take a hit too.

Even as we speak, more and more fiscal conservative Congressional members i.e., Republicans, are realizing if they are serious about reducing the size of government, they will also have to reduce the number of state and federal employees, and extend unemployment benefits!

In fact, in their eyes, that's a very good trade off.

ex animo
NJ Governor Chris Christie for President? HighFivefaster
davidfarrar
batazoid
batazoid
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Not Christie!!! affraid affraid
We don't want the warmongering neocons. If it has to be a Republican, it should be Ron Paul. He won the CPAC straw poll two years in a row and the media acts like that doesn't mean anything. They purposely are marginalizing him and it is more that obvious that he is not in the corrupted club and that is why they do this. He wants to end all wars and bring home all troops from all over the world. The powers that be do not want that.

http://www.infowars.com/fox-news-dirty-tricks-against-ron-paul-no-mistake/

Last edited by Jen on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Jen wrote:Not Christie!!! affraid affraid
We don't want the warmongering neocons. If it has to be a Republican, it should be Ron Paul. He won the CPAC straw poll two years in a row and the media acts like that doesn't mean anything. They purposely are marginalizing him and it is more that obvious that he is not in the corrupted club and that is why they do this. He wants to end all wars and bring home all troops from all over the world. The powers that be do not want that.

Don't think anyone in this country, or the world for that matter carries that kind of clout, and even if they did, they wouldn't live long enough to use it.

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:11 pm

was he trying to be funny by using the word suicide.disgusting
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Aren't the folks in Trenton, NJ protesting because of budget cuts that affect their jobs.

Hmmm - It doesn't sound like Christie is a good governor of one state and then he wants to govern 50 - not with my vote he won't.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by batazoid Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Sunrise wrote:Aren't the folks in Trenton, NJ protesting because of budget cuts that affect their jobs.

Hmmm - It doesn't sound like Christie is a good governor of one state and then he wants to govern 50 - not with my vote he won't.

That's a good sign if you are unemployed. The more they lay off, the more they will have to extend unemployment benefits.

ex animo
batazoid
batazoid
batazoid
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:59 pm

batazoid wrote:
Sunrise wrote:Aren't the folks in Trenton, NJ protesting because of budget cuts that affect their jobs.

That's a good sign if you are unemployed. The more they lay off, the more they will have to extend unemployment benefits.

ex animo
batazoid

I think just the opposite - the more people laid off increases the number of unemployed looking for jobs. We have enough competition now as it is 4 applicants to every one job opening. We want people to keep their jobs and add openings - increase hiring. I prefer a job any day over unemployment benefits. I want to Work.

As far as forcing the hand of extending unemployment benefits, that doesn't seem to be working so far - the 99ers are still swimming in quicksand.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:02 pm

batazoid wrote:

ex animo
batazoid
I don't think so. The more they lay off, they more they might keep extending for newer unemployed. That's not a good sign for people that have been unemployed for a year or more. Also, it's a very bad sign for the job market, which is the PROBLEM. It just makes more and more people out there competing for those few part time minimum wage jobs that almost 30 million people are already competing for.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

The more unemployed = more employers with the upper hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

DONALD TRUMP FOR PRES.

HE WILL STAND HIS GROUND
just think ......soon....New York Stock Exchange Could be German-Owned

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by batazoid Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Well, that's true. Of course, if you really, really feel that way, write to your state or federal legislators and demand they raise your taxes enough to pay for these people to keep their present salaries levels and benefits. It's an either or proposition...there ain't no middle ground here.

We all have to live within our means, even state and federal employees.

ex animo
batazoid
batazoid
batazoid
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down