Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589' - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589' - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589' - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589'

+6
fmoreau74
Patriot
gigichicago
doreenb
elvis44102
Jen
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589' - Page 2 Empty Re: Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589'

Post by CLO Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:56 pm

The "gang of Six" is just a major distraction. I would be willing to bet that Obama will have to use fiat to raise the debt ceiling, then watch ALL HELL break loose... it is gonna be a free for all into 2012, for sure. Stay alert and make your LOUD voice heard !
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589' - Page 2 Empty Re: Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589'

Post by Patriot Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Didn't know President Obama has NO backbone and listens to OTHERS instead of to what he wants to do. The Stimulus package should have been $2 TRILLION but he and the Dems caved because of the RTP ass holes who could care less about the unemployed to this day! No JOBS BILL has been introduced from the Republican 112th Congress, another reason to VOTE Democratic in 2012, I'm not happy with neither party but compared to Bush and Cheney and the holes they dug into this country that will take YEARS to dig out of, I'll take the Democratics until we finally organize for a 3rd party in this country! Going downhill faster and faster!!!!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:37 pm

Ya know, Patriot he is mulling over another stimulus package, so it may end up at a trillion, they have to do something. The states are already laying off teachers and other state funded employment, now that school is getting ready to start up. I read a CNN story about the City of Memphis being told by the School district head that school wouldn't start this summer unless the city pays up 155 Million bucks the city owed to them since like 2008! Ya'll get ready for it, cause i have a feelin' we ain't seen NOTHING yet! Maybe we have an advantage, most of us have become pros at squeaking by on next to nothing, and at times- NOTHING! And I agree about sticking with the Dems until something else shows it's head- We ABSOLUTELY can NOT let the repugs either stay in control or gain anymore control, that is for sure!
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:53 pm

100% in agreement! Obama made promises that he couldn't keep when he found out the TRUTH that was hidden to everyone, that this country is in deep-#$%@&*! He can't step up and say that but thats what I believe, also the Republicans have been obstructionists since Day One and the Democrats have been weak at the knees therefore blowing it last November when people threw their hands up and didn't vote. NOW they are getting out as they should have done and speaking to us ALL the American people. The Republicans put a nail in the coffin with the ignorance of Paul Ryan and it will make for good ad shots come 2012 but for now we all need to contact our Reps in both houses to stop these proposed CUTS that they wouldn't even tell us about AND extend UI benefits for ALL the unemployed with NO one left out, with or without nelp.org or AFL-CIO! This is the time with the media picking up on what Senator Sanders has been saying, that the TRUE unemployment rate is 16%. They will screw us ONLY if we allow them too.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Patriot wrote:Didn't know President Obama has NO backbone and listens to OTHERS instead of to what he wants to do. The Stimulus package should have been $2 TRILLION but he and the Dems caved because of the RTP ass holes who could care less about the unemployed to this day! No JOBS BILL has been introduced from the Republican 112th Congress, another reason to VOTE Democratic in 2012, I'm not happy with neither party but compared to Bush and Cheney and the holes they dug into this country that will take YEARS to dig out of, I'll take the Democratics until we finally organize for a 3rd party in this country! Going downhill faster and faster!!!!

What does the president want to do? Can you be a little clearer? I haven't heard him say what he wants to do. Did I miss something lately in the news? scratch
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:45 pm

I can't remember which one, but he said in a recent press conference that he and his budget director felt another stimulus needed to happen.. I'll do a little searching to see if I can find a link...he DEFINITELY mentioned how the Unemployed needed help, not just with UI benefits, but with Infrastructure work was a place to start..
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:29 pm

CLO wrote:I can't remember which one, but he said in a recent press conference that he and his budget director felt another stimulus needed to happen.. I'll do a little searching to see if I can find a link...he DEFINITELY mentioned how the Unemployed needed help, not just with UI benefits, but with Infrastructure work was a place to start..

What was that??? The stuff speech??? We need to make more stuff is all I can remember. How can more "stuff" be made while more and more companies are going to China for "high quality" products produced there so we can buy them here in the *US*??? How does that help the *US* economy? I'm puzzled. scratch
I do recall China demanding that the ceiling rate should be raised. Good for them. *Extremely* bad for us.
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:55 pm

He held so many conferences in the short span of a little over 2 weeks, it's a little hard to sort it out so here goes- (this one is a little long, sorry)
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/15/se.01.html
One excerpt-
Look, what we've been obsessing over the last couple of weeks about
raising the debt ceiling and reducing the debt and deficit -- I tell you
what the American people are obsessing about right now is that
unemployment is still way too high and too many folks' homes are still
underwater, and prices of things that they need, not just that they
want, are going up a lot faster than their paychecks are if they've got a
job.
Another-
A payroll tax cut is something that has put a thousand dollars in the
pocket of the typical American family over the last six, seven months
and has helped offset some of the rising costs in gasoline and food. And
I think that American consumers and American businesses would benefit
from a continuation of that -- that tax cut next year.

Unemployment insurance. Obviously, unemployment is still too high.
And there are a lot of folks out there who are doing everything they can
to find a job, but the market is still tight out there. And for us to
make sure they are able to stay in their homes potentially or they're
able to still support their families I think is very important and
contributes to the overall economy.

So I think there
are ways that you can essentially take a little over a trillion dollars
in serious discretionary cuts, meaningful discretionary cuts, and then
start building on top of that some cuts in non-health care mandatory
payments, you know, ethanol programs or, you know, how we calculate
various subsidies to various industries.

That could
potentially be layered on. And we could still do something like a tax
cut for -- for ordinary families that would end up benefiting the
economy as a whole.
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:05 pm

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/07/22/transcript-of-obamas-news-conference-on-the-debt-ceiling/
This is the latest one, and he looked absolutely enraged-
didn't mention UI, but he did mention infrastructure, which would create many jobs-

As I said in the last press conference, if you’re a progressive you
should want to get our fiscal house in order, because once we do, it
allows us to then have a serious conversation about the investments that
we need to make — like infrastructure, like rebuilding our roads and
our bridges and airports, like investing more in college education, like
making sure that we’re focused on the kinds of research and technology
that’s going to help us win the future. It’s a lot easier to do that
when we’ve got our fiscal house in order. And that was an argument that
I was willing to go out and make to a lot of skeptical Democrats, as
you saw yesterday.
But ultimately, that’s what we should expect from our leaders. If
this was easy it would have already been done. And I think what a lot
of the American people are so disappointed by is this sense that all the
talk about responsibility, all the talk about the next generation, all
the talk about making sacrifices, that when it comes to actually doing
something difficult folks walk away. It helps if possible to watch these conferences, and not rely on the news shows that put their own spin on his words...
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:06 pm

And while he is 'working on the future", we all need to redouble our efforts on demanding immediate action by our elected reps in the House and Senate- demand they do their job!
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:32 pm

CLO wrote:He held so many conferences in the short span of a little over 2 weeks, it's a little hard to sort it out so here goes- (this one is a little long, sorry)
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/15/se.01.html
One excerpt-
Look, what we've been obsessing over the last couple of weeks about
raising the debt ceiling and reducing the debt and deficit -- I tell you
what the American people are obsessing about right now is that
unemployment is still way too high and too many folks' homes are still
underwater, and prices of things that they need, not just that they
want, are going up a lot faster than their paychecks are if they've got a
job.
Another-
A payroll tax cut is something that has put a thousand dollars in the
pocket of the typical American family over the last six, seven months
and has helped offset some of the rising costs in gasoline and food. And
I think that American consumers and American businesses would benefit
from a continuation of that -- that tax cut next year.

Unemployment insurance. Obviously, unemployment is still too high.
And there are a lot of folks out there who are doing everything they can
to find a job, but the market is still tight out there. And for us to
make sure they are able to stay in their homes potentially or they're
able to still support their families I think is very important and
contributes to the overall economy.

So I think there
are ways that you can essentially take a little over a trillion dollars
in serious discretionary cuts, meaningful discretionary cuts, and then
start building on top of that some cuts in non-health care mandatory
payments, you know, ethanol programs or, you know, how we calculate
various subsidies to various industries.

That could
potentially be layered on. And we could still do something like a tax
cut for -- for ordinary families that would end up benefiting the
economy as a whole.

O.K. What's his plan? I haven't heard a plan. If there were a plan, we could understand. A good leader would give a plan to follow. He is the president. Rolling Eyes He should lay down the guide lines for our members in Washington to base their decision on. Lead or get out of the way.
The price of gas has risen again. It's to damn high now. They can't blame the war, the war is over according to the Prez. Ethanol burns faster and isn't good for your engine. How does ethanol cure the problems at hand today??? scratch Ethanol is going to help the unemployment problem?
If you have *no* income, how does the tax cut do anything for the millions of people with no job, no benefits, to get the money from? Many employers can't see the future and hesitate to hire. They want to hire but don't feel secure enough to take employees on. There was a company owner the other day that only hired 30 people when he wants to employ 3,000 or so instead. The Prez is aware of this and has done nothing to bring the confidence to company owners here. The presidents job is to bring security the *US* citizens. Get with the program Mr. President.
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Well thanks CLO for posting the information for all who MISSED the tons of news conferences he has held. Don't see any JOBS BILL coming out of the Boehner 112th Congress, that would certainly help the 16% unemployment rate but they don't want to do anything to help this President as the line was drawn in the sand on the day he was sworned in. President Obama will be re-elected in 2012 because the Republicans and Tea party have not lifted a finger to help fix or even stabilize this economy and recession that happened on THEIR watch in the White House. Thanks again CLO!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Some people want to be negative no matter what, and sound so much like FOXNEWS talkingheads.. Nov 2012 agenda???
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Riled American wrote: The Prez is aware of this and has done nothing to bring the confidence to company owners here. The presidents job is to bring security the *US* citizens. Get with the program Mr. President.

Yes, because everyone knows the president is in control of every single thing about government and makes every choice by himself and of course there's no senate or house to go through, so why hasn't he been doing his job? And of course we all know bringing confidence to "company owners" here is going to stop them from outsourcing. They're totally not going to sack away the money to invest in even more foreign economies. Naaaaah, they'd never do that.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:55 pm

I've seen all the news conferences aired on many stations and the state of the union addresses. I wasn't born brought up ignorant. People that base views on a news station is sad. You need your own opinion. How many times do we need to hear about shovel ready projects? Read below. You can't argue with the horses mouth and then O and Immelt laughing about it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/china6/larry-summers-economy-is-sick_n_876106_92408343.html
“So nice to see Obama and Immelt laughing today at the job summit and obama saying the shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready, obama is the only joke and we the people aren't laughing!”
“Jeffrey Immelt is laughing, as he sits on Obama's economic team and continues to not pay corporate taxes.

Unemployment:Laughing Matter To Obama
The joke heard round the world, that fell flat! Obama can officially say he has tried comedy and much like his stimulus plan, it failed.
By now we have all heard the quote by the President: “Shovel-ready was not as … uh .. shovel-ready as we expected.” To that the Council, led by GE’s Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter.
http://www.redstatereport.com/2011/06/unemploymentlaughing-matter-to-obama/
Obviously the current job market is a joke to Obama and his financial team, but what are Obama’s plans to improve the job market? If you listen to the President you will hear the bold-faced lie, that Obama’s administration has created 2 million new jobs. Unfortunately for the President, the true results were being released at the same time he is making that claim. The truth is that since the Stimulus was enacted 1.9 million jobs were lost.

If this is suppose to bring assurance and security to the *US* citizens and being unemployed with no income makes you feel good then you can have it. Obviously some people are on payrolls to support such crap. If this is leadership and people believe it, then you'll get what you ask for. When things get to a point where it's intolerable, it's too late. The corruption will be set and there will be no voting it out. If you want your freedom taken away, there's plenty of 3rd world countries to move to. Leave the *US* alone.
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Patriot wrote:Some people want to be negative no matter what, and sound so much like FOXNEWS talkingheads.. Nov 2012 agenda???

Funny this is on the American 99ers Union home page. A top story from Co-host Charles Payne of *FOX* Business Report.

http://american99ersunion.com/2011/07/08/the-june-employment-report-now-even-fox-business-asks-where-are-the-jobs/

The June Employment Report… Now Even Fox Business Asks, “Where are the jobs?”
The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics released the June 2011 Job’s Report, which revealed the following:

- Nonfarm payroll employment increased in June by only 18,000.

- The National Unemployment rate ticked up to 9.2%.

- The National Under-Employment rate rose to 16.2%.

- The Employment-Population ratio declined to 58.2%.

Given June’s employment data, the question that need be asked is, are there jobs in America?

Look at what a difference 8 months has made to the folks at Fox Business with respect to the U.S. job market:
On the November 11, 201o edition of Fox Business’ Varney & Company, Co-host Charles Payne said, “It seems like the 99ers in particular are holding out for the right jobs”.
During the July 8, 2011 Fox Business 2Pm hour, while Co-host Charles Payne sat at the news desk, the chyron beneath Mr. Payne read, “Where are the jobs” and he titled his July 8th instablog, “OMG no JOBS” . Mr. Payne and Fox Business have it right and the numbers don’t lie, the jobs are simply not out there.

Getting America back to work is a priority, but how Americans and the American economy are to survive until the jobs return is priority one. What is the answer? It is time that all of our elected officials in Washington join the 83 House members who are co-sponsors of H.R.589. It is time that all of our elected officials acknowledge the findings of the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office who reported that, extending unemployment benefits is five times more effective than extending tax cuts for the wealthy in economic production. Until we as a country can stop asking the question “where are the jobs?”, sadly 99 weeks of unemployment insurance is not enough.
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:37 am

I'll take President Obama over the Tea Party Republicans any day of the week, especially after the screwed up 8 years of the Bush tenure and he had majority in both houses but still put this country in a recession and a $12 Trillion dollar national debt AND 2 wars. Criticize and politic all you want, this is about the Nov 2012 elections i.e. the Tea party wants it and they can't get it. President Obama inherited a crap load of messes that HE didn't know about and promises made are promises kept, he couldn't keep them all for NOW. I'm staying with this President because I see what the Tea Party republicans are attempting to do just by what happen when they titled themselves "The Party of NO" shortly after he was sworned in, they got their asses beat with HCR and the millions of dollars they were paid to stop it and didn't, so they could care less or as Boehner in his lushful way callously said " If people loss their jobs then SO BE IT".
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:02 am

Well to steal somebody else's comments on another website "The Alternative is not an option". President Bush destroyed this country and put her in a recession that will take years to recovery from but still the Tea Party Republicans want back in to do even more damage, they have refused to work with this President on anything to jumpstart this economy including a comprehensive JOBS BILL that Boehner can't introduce because his strings are being pulled by Cantor who being spoon-fed by the Tea Partiers. The $$$$$ is flowing thanks to the KOCH brothers and CATO, so hold on to your hats and your websites because its getting ugly as we have seen. President Obama signing the law for Stem Cell Research is helping a family member and thats a GOOD thing. The Stimulus package gave the unemployed 50+ weeks of UI benefits which were a survival for millions and never would have happened under McCain & Palin because we would have been back to fighting the war in Vietnam!!! President Obama inherited a chitload of messes and I not 100% happy with him either but to put the same inept party BACK in the White House would be insane. With those asses its about MONEY and POWER and CONTROL, not the American people until its voting time, after that they don't exist.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:39 am

Patriot, Never said Bush wasn't guilty. There's corruption in ALL parties. You don't spend millions of your own money on a campaign to be president and not know what you're getting unless you're an ignorant idiot. A friend of mine that voted for O informed me how much O spent to buy the presidential seat and said he knew exactly what he was getting for his money and is disappointed on his vote decision. The link shows what was spent by O and McC for their campaigns.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/eye-on-2008/obamas-spending-edge.html

Failed policies and laughing at the unemployed is offensive to millions of unemployed *US* citizens in dire need. You must not be unemployed and doing well if you like being laughed at by your leader and his pal Immelt. Watch CIKs new video. It says it all. When 80% of *US* voters are mad, somethings wrong in Washington. So, lets agree to disagree. You're happy with your decision and thats cool.
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Riled American wrote:I've seen all the news conferences aired on many stations and the state of the union addresses. I wasn't born brought up ignorant. People that base views on a news station is sad. You need your own opinion. How many times do we need to hear about shovel ready projects? Read below. You can't argue with the horses mouth and then O and Immelt laughing about it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/china6/larry-summers-economy-is-sick_n_876106_92408343.html
“So nice to see Obama and Immelt laughing today at the job summit and obama saying the shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready, obama is the only joke and we the people aren't laughing!”
“Jeffrey Immelt is laughing, as he sits on Obama's economic team and continues to not pay corporate taxes.

Unemployment:Laughing Matter To Obama
The joke heard round the world, that fell flat! Obama can officially say he has tried comedy and much like his stimulus plan, it failed.
By now we have all heard the quote by the President: “Shovel-ready was not as … uh .. shovel-ready as we expected.” To that the Council, led by GE’s Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter.
http://www.redstatereport.com/2011/06/unemploymentlaughing-matter-to-obama/
Obviously the current job market is a joke to Obama and his financial team, but what are Obama’s plans to improve the job market? If you listen to the President you will hear the bold-faced lie, that Obama’s administration has created 2 million new jobs. Unfortunately for the President, the true results were being released at the same time he is making that claim. The truth is that since the Stimulus was enacted 1.9 million jobs were lost.

If this is suppose to bring assurance and security to the *US* citizens and being unemployed with no income makes you feel good then you can have it. Obviously some people are on payrolls to support such crap. If this is leadership and people believe it, then you'll get what you ask for. When things get to a point where it's intolerable, it's too late. The corruption will be set and there will be no voting it out. If you want your freedom taken away, there's plenty of 3rd world countries to move to. Leave the *US* alone.

Redstatereport? No wonder you keep griping about and finding any fault(even when it isn't there) with the POTUS!
The Repugs are responsible for our disastrous economy, Obama is just trying to play clean up..(but not hard enough, either!)
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Riled American wrote:
Patriot wrote:Some people want to be negative no matter what, and sound so much like FOXNEWS talkingheads.. Nov 2012 agenda???

Funny this is on the American 99ers Union home page. A top story from Co-host Charles Payne of *FOX* Business Report.

http://american99ersunion.com/2011/07/08/the-june-employment-report-now-even-fox-business-asks-where-are-the-jobs/

The June Employment Report… Now Even Fox Business Asks, “Where are the jobs?”
The U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics released the June 2011 Job’s Report, which revealed the following:

- Nonfarm payroll employment increased in June by only 18,000.

- The National Unemployment rate ticked up to 9.2%.

- The National Under-Employment rate rose to 16.2%.

- The Employment-Population ratio declined to 58.2%.

Given June’s employment data, the question that need be asked is, are there jobs in America?

Look at what a difference 8 months has made to the folks at Fox Business with respect to the U.S. job market:
On the November 11, 201o edition of Fox Business’ Varney & Company, Co-host Charles Payne said, “It seems like the 99ers in particular are holding out for the right jobs”.
During the July 8, 2011 Fox Business 2Pm hour, while Co-host Charles Payne sat at the news desk, the chyron beneath Mr. Payne read, “Where are the jobs” and he titled his July 8th instablog, “OMG no JOBS” . Mr. Payne and Fox Business have it right and the numbers don’t lie, the jobs are simply not out there.

Getting America back to work is a priority, but how Americans and the American economy are to survive until the jobs return is priority one. What is the answer? It is time that all of our elected officials in Washington join the 83 House members who are co-sponsors of H.R.589. It is time that all of our elected officials acknowledge the findings of the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office who reported that, extending unemployment benefits is five times more effective than extending tax cuts for the wealthy in economic production. Until we as a country can stop asking the question “where are the jobs?”, sadly 99 weeks of unemployment insurance is not enough.

Do you get that this is a slam on Fox and the repugs in general? Boehner ran on "JOBS,JOBS,JOBS! Boehner, where ARE the jobs!? NOT one damn bill out of congress, controlled by the REPUBLICANS!
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Patriot wrote:Well to steal somebody else's comments on another website "The Alternative is not an option". President Bush destroyed this country and put her in a recession that will take years to recovery from but still the Tea Party Republicans want back in to do even more damage, they have refused to work with this President on anything to jumpstart this economy including a comprehensive JOBS BILL that Boehner can't introduce because his strings are being pulled by Cantor who being spoon-fed by the Tea Partiers. The $$$$$ is flowing thanks to the KOCH brothers and CATO, so hold on to your hats and your websites because its getting ugly as we have seen. President Obama signing the law for Stem Cell Research is helping a family member and thats a GOOD thing. The Stimulus package gave the unemployed 50+ weeks of UI benefits which were a survival for millions and never would have happened under McCain & Palin because we would have been back to fighting the war in Vietnam!!! President Obama inherited a chitload of messes and I not 100% happy with him either but to put the same inept party BACK in the White House would be insane. With those asses its about MONEY and POWER and CONTROL, not the American people until its voting time, after that they don't exist.

Well said, Patriot! Well said..

Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589' - Page 2 320446
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 pm

If jobs are going to be created, don't wait around for the repugs to do it..

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/the-gaggle/2010/08/26/on-jobs-and-deficits-republicans-are-worse-than-obama.html

Nothing is more important to Republican politicians these days than
jobs and the deficit—at least according to Republican politicians. As
House Minority Leader John Boehner put it in a "major economic address"
on Tuesday, President Obama is "doing everything possible to prevent
jobs from being created" while refusing to do anything at all "about
bringing down the deficits that threaten our economy." Elect Republicans
in November, Boehner assured his audience, and we will put an end to
this insanity.

There's only one problem with Boehner's message: so far, the things
that Republicans have said they want to do won't actually boost
employment or reduce deficits. In fact, much the opposite. By combing
through a variety of studies and projections from nonpartisan economic
sources, we here at Gaggle headquarters have found that if Republicans
were in charge from January 2009 onward—and if they were now given carte
blanche to enact the proposals they want to—the projected 2010–2020
deficits would be larger than they are under Obama, and fewer people
would probably be employed.

Ya gotta give it to the Repugs- they pulled the wool over a lot of eyes... like the Who said- "We won't get fooled again"...
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Crew of 42: '99ers: Update on H.R. 589' - Page 2 630201 OK, I'm sold.
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Riled- I love your Avatar- I had that album at one time!
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next