Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee Cspan_live_play-1

H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee

+2
doreenb
gigichicago
6 posters

Go down

H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee Empty H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee

Post by gigichicago Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Just called Rep. Barbara Lee's office about the H.R. 589. Sorry to say this but the bill is sitting in the H&C Committee. It is up to the Committee and Rep. Dave Camp to present it to the House floor.

As I said before, 589 bill is gathering dust while the committee play their games at our expense.

Sorry, I really wanted some good news but nothing but the usual crap.

H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee 822786
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee Empty Re: H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee

Post by doreenb Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:27 pm

We all need to contact Camps office!!! What the helll??? He needs to get off his ass and push 589 now!!! the voters demand it!!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee Empty Re: H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee

Post by gigichicago Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 pm

doreenb wrote:We all need to contact Camps office!!! What the helll??? He needs to get off his ass and push 589 now!!! the voters demand it!!!!

Thank you, doreenb, I wish we had millions of people like you to demand him to release it now. I hate to say this, Camp and others in the committee are holding on to that bill on purpose. I have called many times Camp's office and said the same thing, he needs to get off his big rear end, and help the 99ers. That is what I said to the staffer, I think I shocked her. Don't care anymore. This has been going on too long and we are hurting badly. Why are we suffering while our country seems to be shelling out millions and billions of dollars to foreign countries. Charity belongs at home. I think the staffer who answers the phone dreads picking up the phone when I call. Don't care anymore, I'm broke and disgusted with him.

H.R. 589 Is Still Sitting in H&W Committee 220713
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:22 am

We have to keep pushing Boehner also. If he wanted to, he could make it sail through committee.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:04 am

Cant get through on Dave Camp's fax machine this morning, its not working. Will keep trying.
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:38 pm

I'm sorry to say this but the HR 589 bill is lost forever. No one is representing us now and that bill will never pass the committee even though many co-signers have submitted their names. There is not one republican that will stand up for us and co-sign the bill.

I feel rejected and angry at everyone. There's no one to represent us actively. The unemployed are nothing but a waste product of our government. We are forgotten and tossed to the curb without a voice in this country. I have faxed, emailed, signed petitions and called many reps. and the President in Washington without a glimpse of hope. No one cares! Seached on the internet today for news about the unemployed and nothing can be found. Invisible is the word, I hate to use that word but that is what we are, INVISIBLE! Let's face it, no one will help us!

I don't want to post anymore articles about the Washington's antics. Washington's politicans are well paid and doing nothing for us. They are getting away with their everyday garbage and that is it. We voted them in office and this is what we get; stupid, ill breed, greedy bunch of nothings. They spin lies with their flowery speeches. I don't believe them anymore nor could care less what happens in Washington anymore. My voice means nothing in this country. Welcome to my America!
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Sad but true post.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 pm

You are right about HR 589. Repubs want to keep things bad right up to election. They will do nothing.

But they will all in Congress be forced to do something. Think about every month how many more unemployed are falling off of benefits. We all know there are no jobs and more unemployed are being added to us 99ers already looking for jobs.

There is no way the economy can take this because all these unemployed will no longer have the unemployment money to spend. There will be no spending and nobody paying bills. A lot of businesses will be lost because of this. Heck, Walmart even recently said they are losing business and are only getting people spending food cards!

The only way it looks like we will get relief is when just about everyone else is a 99er also.

I emailed my reps here in Michigan and gave them hell. I got back an email from Debbie Stabenow, you guessed it, a standard form letter reply that stated she is for the unemployed and working hard, blah, blah, blah. I would love to just once get a real honest true reply from my rep that wasnt written by an office staffer. I would love a rep that would have the guts to lay it out to me straight. I would be mad but I would definitely have respect for him/her for telling me like it really is.

I used to be depressed but now I have so gone past that and am just plain disgusted and angry at our government and I think a lot of people are feeling the same way now so maybe we will prevail!
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by disgustedwithgovt Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 pm

This is the reason that they opened up the oil reserves for at least the summer driving season. They have to do something to keep businesses open and more people from getting laid off. Small business cannot handle the prices, and will lay off more this summer without some relief. Right now, this appears to be all they are willing to do - and that is already causing more arguments between them. Boehner bitching about what will happen if we have a real emergency, what a total ass, implying these gas prices and more people getting laid off is not an emergency for the economy.

disgustedwithgovt
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 pm

Sorry if I sound so negative but I took a hard look of what is going on in Washington, it's unbelieveable. Maybe I sound depressed and negative but everyday looks bleak to me. There is nothing I can do to get H.R. 589 signed and passed NOW!
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Also sorry but all SHOULD have realized that at the end of last year, when the Dems caved in on tax cuts for the rich in order to keep the extensions going through this year, and left the exhaustees out, that that would be the last piece of legislation dealing with the unemployed for this year. And most likely ever. I would LOVE to be wrong, can any one give me a reason why I am?

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down