Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard Cspan_live_play-1

State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard

+4
JaneWI
elvis44102
Gigi
Quiethawk
8 posters

Go down

State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard Empty State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard

Post by Quiethawk Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:32 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/28/sally-kern-affirmative-action_n_854936.html

UNBELIEVABLE...... Yet again the GOP mindset in action
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard Empty Re: State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard

Post by Gigi Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:22 pm

What a bunch of garbage. Keep it up republicans, you are losing your supporters by the thousands. Good work!

State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard 220713
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard Empty Re: State GOP Rep: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard

Post by elvis44102 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Keep it up Republicans....speak your minds....

No matter how racsist, sexist,dumist they really are when they speak their minds....I am willing to bet a LARGE minority will STILL support them...
Because that is how they Really think...
But thats the point, they are a MINORITY of bigots and just generally backwords thinking people...maybe 20-30 percent...(or less I hope)

EVEN bigots need representation.
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 pm

elvis44102 wrote:Keep it up Republicans....speak your minds....

No matter how racsist, sexist,dumist they really are when they speak their minds....I am willing to bet a LARGE minority will STILL support them...
Because that is how they Really think...
But thats the point, they are a MINORITY of bigots and just generally backwords thinking people...maybe 20-30 percent...(or less I hope)

EVEN bigots need representation.

My thoughts exactly.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Did you catch the comment by this poster, it is a good idea:
Here is a link to a place identifyin­g product made in Oklahoma: I intend to contact this website to let them know of my decision to spread the word to avoid buying products made in Oklahoma. I am fed up with just sitting on the sides and expressing my disgust for racist speech. Now is the tme for everyone to get active. I am not a minority and I getting increasing­ly disgusted with the white racists who are embarrassi­ng the rest of us.

http://www­.madeinokl­ahoma.net/

And this one:
I just called both Sally Kern's office and the Oklahoma Republican party phone and expressed our intention to not visit the state of Oklahoma due to this representa­tives racist comments. I saw a blurb that she apologized­. Not good enough for me. As long as she is a representa­tive of the state then Oklahoma should be off limits for tourist dollars and purchases of items made within the state.
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:40 pm

As I said, the USA is the laughing stock of probably every country in the world.

I have to admit that when America elected it's first black President, I thought - WOW, good for you, what an enlightened, mature electorate­. THEN the teapartier­s came along, and I thought WOW, there are still a few racists left, but they'll be drowned out by the voices of tolerance and will quickly fade away. But then the opposite happened. It is STUNNING, as a Canadian, to see just HOW MANY RACISTS still exist in America. And instead of being tuned out, they were put in the spotlight and praised!!?­? And now the ENTIRE WORLD KNOWS what a large racist problem you STILL have. It's SHAMEFUL and it's making America a LAUGHINGST­OCK!! It's amazing how an entire country can be damaged because of the actions of an uneducated­, low-inform­ation, IGNORANT segment of your population­. If it weren't for President Obama, NO ONE would take America seriously anymore. NO ONE!!

Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm

It is these kinds of mindsets that make me hesitant to apply for and accept work in the Deep South. I realize that not everyone is racist but it just takes 1 bad apple to ruin one's day and workplace environment.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:40 pm

QH--Many thanx for posting that major info about Sally Kern.

What a fascist she is.....

http://allisonkilkenny.wordpress.com/2008/03/13/a-follow-up-to-sally-kern-the-homophobic-oklahoma-lawmaker/
State Rep. Sally Kern: “Studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it’s the death knell of this country. I honestly think it’s the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam, which I think is a big threat… If you got cancer or something in your little toe, do you say, well, you know, I’m just going to forget about it because the rest of me is fine? It spreads. OK? And this stuff is deadly, and it’s spreading, and it will destroy our young people, it will destroy this nation.”
Wonder *which* societies that have 'embraced homosexuality' she's talking about.....so far as we know Northern Europe is still functioning. Also equating being gay with 'terrorism' & 'cancer' is just plain nutso. Not to mention that she conflates 'terrorism' & 'Islam' as if all 1 billion of the world's Muslims are terrorists (& btw she seems to have completely forgotten non-Muslim Timothy McVeigh who attacked her own state).

http://www.news9.com/story/11779798/lawmaker-sally-kern-wants-to-make-it-tougher-to-get-a-divorce-in-oklahoma?redirected=true
Kern has filed House Bill 2279 under the incompatibility provision she says a divorce should not be granted if there are living minor children in the marriage, the parties have been married 10 years or longer or if either party files a written objection to the divorce.
Kern uses the pretense of wanting to help children when in reality she simply wants to keep women as 2nd-class citizens (that is all women except for HERSELF--like those crazy people who say mothers shouldn't work outside the home & then support mothers like Palin & Bachmann who *work outside the home*.

It's like Kern read the Nazi playbook & then said 'Wow they were so right!!'

Oklahomans should start a recall petition on Kern like yesterday.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Phillymg wrote:QH--Many thanx for posting that major info about Sally Kern.

What a fascist she is.....

http://allisonkilkenny.wordpress.com/2008/03/13/a-follow-up-to-sally-kern-the-homophobic-oklahoma-lawmaker/
State Rep. Sally Kern: “Studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it’s the death knell of this country. I honestly think it’s the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam, which I think is a big threat… If you got cancer or something in your little toe, do you say, well, you know, I’m just going to forget about it because the rest of me is fine? It spreads. OK? And this stuff is deadly, and it’s spreading, and it will destroy our young people, it will destroy this nation.”
Wonder *which* societies that have 'embraced homosexuality' she's talking about.....so far as we know Northern Europe is still functioning. Also equating being gay with 'terrorism' & 'cancer' is just plain nutso. Not to mention that she conflates 'terrorism' & 'Islam' as if all 1 billion of the world's Muslims are terrorists (& btw she seems to have completely forgotten non-Muslim Timothy McVeigh who attacked her own state).

http://www.news9.com/story/11779798/lawmaker-sally-kern-wants-to-make-it-tougher-to-get-a-divorce-in-oklahoma?redirected=true
Kern has filed House Bill 2279 under the incompatibility provision she says a divorce should not be granted if there are living minor children in the marriage, the parties have been married 10 years or longer or if either party files a written objection to the divorce.
Kern uses the pretense of wanting to help children when in reality she simply wants to keep women as 2nd-class citizens (that is all women except for HERSELF--like those crazy people who say mothers shouldn't work outside the home & then support mothers like Palin & Bachmann who *work outside the home*.

It's like Kern read the Nazi playbook & then said 'Wow they were so right!!'

Oklahomans should start a recall petition on Kern like yesterday.....

Most definitely!!! It is time that the USA clean house!
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:40 pm

This is from one of the Moderators on Huffington Post:

Please, let this bigot know what is on your mind.
http://www.repsallykern.com/html/contact.php

Contact her at:

http://www.repsallykern.com/html/contact.php
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pugsrit Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Why oh why and how oh how do these folks get elected. I would think that all politicians know you can't make racial slurs. She is an idiot and I am just wondering is she a tea bagger? Anyone know?
pugsrit
pugsrit
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : family time, pets and arts and crafts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:20 pm

pugsrit wrote:Why oh why and how oh how do these folks get elected. I would think that all politicians know you can't make racial slurs. She is an idiot and I am just wondering is she a tea bagger? Anyone know?

Racism is most times subtle. If racism is truly in your heart/character/spirit, it will show its evil face at hopefully the most inopportune time. It is better to know your enemies so that you can deal with them accordingly.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down