Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California  Cspan_live_play-1

Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California

2 posters

Go down

Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California  Empty Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:24 am

Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California

http://www.examiner.com/county-political-buzz-in-san-diego/texas-snatches-1-000-high-paying-ebay-jobs-from-california

Back to top Go down

Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California  Empty Re: Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California

Post by truth Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:53 am

Somehow this strikes me as Meg getting her revenge. I'm sure she still owns lots of e-Bay stock. Be careful, Gov. Perry. Meg may try to buy your job.

In any case, e-Bay seems so....yesterday. Those bright people who decide to stay in the beautiful Bay Area should be able to put together something that gives E-Bay a run for its tax-break money.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California  Empty Re: Texas snatches 1,000 high-paying eBay jobs from California

Post by truth Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:26 am

Ms. Dvorak claims that she "is looking to write fair and balanced stories Americans want to read".

I read some of her "stories", and I find them anything but "fair and balanced". Her right wing bias is evident throughout.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:43 am

This article leaves me with more questions than answers. Average salary can be thrown off by a handful of people receiving large salaries. When they mention "average salary", does this include all employee benefits or does this only include wages?

How much will the average/non-managerial worker be paid? How much of a tax incentive is Ebay getting to move to TX? How long will they be getting tax dollars to stay in TX? How long will it take for Ebay to move to "greener pastures" once this tax break is over?

"The average salary for these “green economy” jobs is $122,500 and they would have made California’s progressive peddlers very happy. Austin City Council members referred to the coup as “green software programming jobs” that will provide sustained economic growth in the state."

JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down