Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]  Cspan_live_play-1

N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]

2 posters

Go down

N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]  Empty N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]

Post by Quiethawk Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/18/nc-gov-vetoes-unemployment-bill_n_850501.html
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]  Empty Re: N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]

Post by Sunrise Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:44 pm

She added that she expected Democratic lawmakers to push a clean version
of the EB fix later this week. The legislature is controlled by
Republicans.

Let's hope that it is just that - a stand alone bill and the Republicans should have no excuse not to pass it.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]  Empty Re: N.C. Gov. Vetoes Controversial Unemployment Bill [UPDATE]

Post by Quiethawk Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:07 pm

This comment pisses me off..... Like they just don't get that people are hurting, people are without, people are losing their minds with the unknown.....

North Carolina House Minority Leader Joe Hackney (D) said there wasn’t much the minority party could do to reauthorize the benefits without GOP help. He said he’s heard from constituents worried about the end of Extended Benefits. “I don’t think anybody’s greatly affected as of today, but within a week or two there will be a lot of people affected,”
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Quiethawk wrote:This comment pisses me off..... Like they just don't get that people are hurting, people are without, people are losing their minds with the unknown.....

North Carolina House Minority Leader Joe Hackney (D) said there wasn’t much the minority party could do to reauthorize the benefits without GOP help. He said he’s heard from constituents worried about the end of Extended Benefits. “I don’t think anybody’s greatly affected as of today, but within a week or two there will be a lot of people affected,”

How the heck can he say nobody is affected today? What a ignorant moron. Those on EB in North Carolina have been affected since the 16th.

Notice how many politicians are missing the sensitivity and empathy chips.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:
Quiethawk wrote:This comment pisses me off..... Like they just don't get that people are hurting, people are without, people are losing their minds with the unknown.....

How the heck can he say nobody is affected today? What a ignorant moron. Those on EB in North Carolina have been affected since the 16th.

Notice how many politicians are missing the sensitivity and empathy chips.

Hey as long as you got a piece of toast, you are not affected. I live on that stuff now a few days a week. The bill was a mess packaged the way it was. Maybe not that piece but it should have been a stand alone bill. The GOP needs to go away forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down