Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Firefox 4 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Firefox 4 Cspan_live_play-1

Firefox 4 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Firefox 4

3 posters

Go down

Firefox 4 Empty Firefox 4

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Firefox 4 was released for download yesterday. I was wondering if anyone had upgraded to this new version yet, and if so, what do you think of it.

Back to top Go down

Firefox 4 Empty Re: Firefox 4

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 pm

I tested it before the release, I like it, I have learned a valuable work around on firefox, used to crash all the time (the Plug in container.exe)

The fix on any version of Firefox is:
type about:config in the addressbar,
Select:
dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll - true becomes...(toggle)
dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll - false

...you will never experience firefox crash again, at least the plugin container.exe which always slowed everything down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Funny you should mention firefox crashing. I have only recently begun to have this problem. Was just going through a couple of things, and wound up removing Adobe Flash player. It took the lag away and things seem to be running a lot smoother. So you would recommend downloading the new version? And do I have to relearn where everything is at?

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:37 pm

The release of Firefox 4 has been big news. How many people here use it?
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:58 pm

JaneWI wrote:The release of Firefox 4 has been big news. How many people here use it?

From what I'm reading. The novice, like myself should hold off for about a week b/c of a few bugs that will need fixin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Doesn't it usually automatically prompt you to download the update for Firefox when the new ones come out? Mine hasn't yet.

Last edited by Jen on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Mobs wrote:I tested it before the release, I like it, I have learned a valuable work around on firefox, used to crash all the time (the Plug in container.exe)

Select:

...you will never experience firefox crash again, at least the plugin container.exe which always slowed everything down.
Thank you. I'm going to try this. My Firefox has been crashing a lot lately.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Jen wrote:Doesn't it usually automatically prompt you to update Firefox when the new ones come out? Mine hasn't yet.

I think because it's an upgrade as opposed to an update it won't automatically do it, or prompt you to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Jen wrote:
Mobs wrote:I tested it before the release, I like it, I have learned a valuable work around on firefox, used to crash all the time (the Plug in container.exe)

Select:

You understand what this means? I wish I did. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:45 pm

knarf wrote:
Jen wrote:

Select:

No clue but, I'm just going to try what she said to do. Very Happy
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Jen wrote:
knarf wrote:
Jen wrote:

Select:

haha did it!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TomW Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:02 pm

I was notified yesterday that I should run the 3.6.16 security update, and after doing that I got the notice that Firefox 4 was available for downloading. I look forward to new Firefox versions and yet dread them at the same time, since I use 25 or more plugins and some of them stop working until they are updated for the new version. It seems that the plugins that I depend on the most are always the ones that stop working.
TomW
TomW
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er as of April '11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:02 pm

knarf wrote:
Jen wrote:
knarf wrote:
Jen wrote:

Select:

haha did it!!!!!
What I was saying with Firefox, 3.6, 4.0 I had a problem with it
crashing a lot, The Plugin container.exe was crashing all the time with
Adblock installed, this workaround basically turns off the plugin
container exe and Firefox works very well this way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:07 pm

TomW wrote:I was notified yesterday that I should run the 3.6.16 security update, and after doing that I got the notice that Firefox 4 was available for downloading. I look forward to new Firefox versions and yet dread them at the same time, since I use 25 or more plugins and some of them stop working until they are updated for the new version. It seems that the plugins that I depend on the most are always the ones that stop working.
Wow that's a lot of plugins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 pm

TomW wrote:I was notified yesterday that I should run the 3.6.16 security update, and after doing that I got the notice that Firefox 4 was available for downloading. I look forward to new Firefox versions and yet dread them at the same time, since I use 25 or more plugins and some of them stop working until they are updated for the new version. It seems that the plugins that I depend on the most are always the ones that stop working.

Never got a notice. Just happened to read it elsewhere. I'm only running about 6 plugins, so not too bad for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:16 pm

knarf wrote:Funny you should mention firefox crashing. I have only recently begun to have this problem. Was just going through a couple of things, and wound up removing Adobe Flash player. It took the lag away and things seem to be running a lot smoother. So you would recommend downloading the new version? And do I have to relearn where everything is at?
Do you have AdBlock installed now? that slows things down when the plugin container.exe is turned on, and it's up to you about the new version release, I like the look of FF4, I liked Opera Browser (for this look).. you do have to get used to the menu and a few other things, but once you do it's worth it IMO..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Mobs wrote:
knarf wrote:Funny you should mention firefox crashing. I have only recently begun to have this problem. Was just going through a couple of things, and wound up removing Adobe Flash player. It took the lag away and things seem to be running a lot smoother. So you would recommend downloading the new version? And do I have to relearn where everything is at?
Do you have AdBlock installed now? that slows things down when the plugin container.exe is turned on, and it's up to you about the new version release, I like the look of FF4, I liked Opera Browser (for this look).. you do have to get used to the menu and a few other things, but once you do it's worth it IMO..

I've been running AdBlock for well over a year now, with zero problems. I'm guessing one of firefox's past updates is/was conflicting with something. Again, since I got rid of Adobe flash player, I am golden. Cool I'll give FF4 a week to kill the bugs, and then go for it. Thanks Mobs!

BTW: I did toggle what you said to false.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum