Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart

+5
mrgolf
pugsrit
KeeptheFaith
Sunrise
Jen
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 Empty Re: What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart

Post by Phillymg Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:37 am

NWP--Healthcare Administration is a growth industry.

Shout out to Worrywart.....thanx!! What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 796653

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 Empty Re: What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Phillymg wrote:NWP--Healthcare Administration is a growth industry.

Shout out to Worrywart.....thanx!! What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 796653

Yes but I have zero inclination in that field and it upsets me I may have to go into something I have zero inclination. I hate blood and any body fluids.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:26 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:

Yes but I have zero inclination in that field and it upsets me I may have to go into something I have zero inclination. I hate blood and any body fluids.

That is something I would not want to do either, just walking into a hospital makes me nervous.

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:43 pm

I've applied for jobs like pr in hospitals, but that's the limit of things I wanted to do. The idea of being a nursing assistant sickens me.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:51 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:I've applied for jobs like pr in hospitals, but that's the limit of things I wanted to do. The idea of being a nursing assistant sickens me.
I know exactly how you feel. The sight of blood or needles makes me almost faint and I throw up easily at the sight or smell of disgusting things. Those are the reasons that I never went into the health care field.
What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 976458

Last edited by Jen on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Same here. My family kept pushing me to consider nursing but I knew I couldn't handle it. Now I am terrified I may have to get a job in the field and it terrifies me.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:22 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:

I'm with you on that one - plus I don't want to deal with the public - a lot of people are just too rude nowadays. My cousin is an operating room nurse and has been one for about 15 years. When people are in the Operating Room they are really nice - maybe because they realize their lives are in someone's hands. However, she had to pay her dues in the beginning by working on the floor of the hospital and people are so rude. I know this is not administration
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:28 pm

I am not a people person and dealing with rude people makes me upset. I know that's why I can't have a job dealing with people.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:37 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:Same here. My family kept pushing me to consider nursing but I knew I couldn't handle it. Now I am terrified I may have to get a job in the field and it terrifies me.

I took care of my mom when she was ill. It involved changing a dressing on a wound twice daily and administering a lot of meds including an Exelon patch daily and a Morphine patch every 72 hours. But that was for my mom - I was her caretaker - I could never do this for a stranger(s). Her nurse, who was allowed one visit per week through medicare, was pushing me to be a nurse and wanted to teach me to give my mom innjections of B12 shots. I had to draw the lie=ne there - that was HER job afterall.
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:00 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
I am with you new_wave. It has been that long for me also. No I just can't believe that this can go on much longer. I am exploring as many options as possible and I've started looking out-of-state. Just hoping that it doesn't come to that. But if it does and I can raise the funds to move, I will.

I am looking in other states but nothing either. I have decided that if I am still unemployed in the fall I'll go back to school but for what? The only jobs really hiring are the entry level terrible jobs like nursing assistant. I hate the idea of going back to school to wipe old people's butts.

What about some sort of engineering program? We can't rely on oil forever and green industries will start to play a vital role in resource development. If I were going back to school that is probably what I would get a degree in.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 pm

I have no inclination in that either. I really don't want to go back to school but see no choice. Great, a 40 year old who hasn't worked in 3 years goes back for another degree (I have a masters)to get into something low paying and start over again. The whole process makes me sick.

Last edited by new_wave_princess on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
I am with you new_wave. It has been that long for me also. No I just can't believe that this can go on much longer. I am exploring as many options as possible and I've started looking out-of-state. Just hoping that it doesn't come to that. But if it does and I can raise the funds to move, I will.

I am looking in other states but nothing either. I have decided that if I am still unemployed in the fall I'll go back to school but for what? The only jobs really hiring are the entry level terrible jobs like nursing assistant. I hate the idea of going back to school to wipe old people's butts.

Probably a good idea. I'm sure there's much more to it than it - compassion for instance. If you feel that way about the elderly, you should undoubtedly do something different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Good to know my resume can be two pages, I was concerned about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm

I have a one page resume, always used a simple cover letter when emailing. Never used one when walking into a place.

I know when I went through apps to give to my boss, I never looked at the cover letter. I went straight for the skills.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:24 pm

I wonder why almost every add says MUST have cover letter if the HR people admit that they don't even read them. I hate doing the cover letters.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Jen wrote:I wonder why almost every add says MUST have cover letter if the HR people admit that they don't even read them. I hate doing the cover letters.

Because they think they are better than us. I would like to call them what I call my ex a butt wipe!

What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 630201

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:34 pm

laramel wrote:
Jen wrote:I wonder why almost every add says MUST have cover letter if the HR people admit that they don't even read them. I hate doing the cover letters.

Because they think they are better than us. I would like to call them what I call my ex a butt wipe!

What you should know about Resumes-from Worrywart - Page 2 630201
lol! lol!
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 pm

laramel wrote:
X wrote:
pugsrit wrote:This is very much appreciated. I had no idea how important this is.

Yes I'm sorry. WW, sometimes I worry about you.

WW is fine and a great person, he worries about us!
But prayers are always appreciated!

Of course WW is a good person. My choice of words while jesting with him were goofy.

9. “Most of us use applicant-tracking systems
that scan résumés for key words. The secret to getting your résumé
through the system is to pull key words directly from the job
description and put them on. The more matches you have, the more likely
your résumé will get picked and actually seen by a real person.” –Chris
Ferdinandi, HR professional in the Boston area

Ever hear about using white font? No, don't do it!
Very Happy
X
X
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2